1. Dies are used to cut or clean an external thread.
2. Dies are best used with a three screw die stock which aids in
the alignment when repairing threads.
3. Round Adjustable Dies are made with a slot in the circumference
and a special screw to allow for cutting a slightly smaller size.
4. Hex rethreading dies are used in repair of rusty and/or damaged
5. The chips are discharged through the plane holes in round dies.
6. They are either used for manual use of die holders or clamped
into the quill to use in a turning lathe.